Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Star Trek (2009)

I thought it'd be too hip and new, but since I'm so hip and swivel and new, I liked it. Much faster pacing than older ones, which I thought I might not like, but it worked. I liked Spock(s) best, of course. [WARNING: Possible mini-spoilers ahead]

I am not such a purist that I didn't like that young Spock was gettin' some from the hottest female, young Uhura, who is a "xen0linguist" (studies off-world languages...didn't catch it precisely) ooooh yaaaaaawwwwwwww. James Kirk chased her a bit but then we see her suck face with Spock in the elevator.

I think the writers and director had a good sense of humor without clobbering us too much with the young versions of all the old players: "Bones", Scotty, Chekov, Sulu (who fences and likes White Castle burgers - j/k), etc. And most boss is that Simon Pegg plays Scotty! Man, mah zombie heart just fused with mah Roddenberry one.

No comments:

Post a Comment